Tuesday was not a great day. I ended up leaving work halfway through the day because of a very wicked migraine and hand numbness. I had a lot of work to do, some big deadlines to meet that day, but I could barely keep my eyes open.
The hand numbness lasted about 24 hrs in total, but there is definitely residual weakness from the flare up.
Luckily, I work for my family. I called my parents and told them what was wrong. I think the distress in my voice was pretty obvious and everyone jumped into action for me. Calls were made to my neurologist. Thankfully, he was able to send a prescription to my pharmacy for Prednisone. So, for the last three days I've been on high dosages of that to help reduce the relapses that I'm having.
In other good news, the call the neurologist helped to score my an appointment for next week. Hopefully this means I can be put on some regular medication a bit sooner. I've had some ups and downs with my support for taking the drugs, but I really was never expecting to have this many symptoms so quickly. I need to get control of this so life can resume normally.
If this all seems garbled and incoherent it's because it's 3:41 am and I seem to have gotten the side effect of insomnia from these drugs. Thankfully the dosages start to taper off tomorrow and I can hopefully feel like myself again soon.
~MS Diagnosed
No comments:
Post a Comment